The title of this diorama means ‘German soldiers of the Wehrmacht are having a rest during the opening phase of Operation Barbarossa in Western Ukraine June 1941’. The tank is part of the Slovak Expeditionary Group.
Now for the competition! The person who answers all the following questions correctly gets 50p plus a FREE biography of Adolf Hitler!!
- What book is the officer in the diorama reading? Choose from one of the following: a) Vom Kriege b) Der Untergang des Abendlandes c) Geschichte der Kriegskunst im Rahmen der politischen Geschichte.
2. Which of these European Great Powers had the most aircraft in August, 1914: a) Russia b) Germany c) France d) UK?
3. Which branch of the military is sometimes referred to as the ‘learned arm’?
4. In the First World War, air raid warning systems were extremely primitive. What kind of people did the British sometimes use to warn of the Zeppelin raids?
5. In 1914, which European Great Power had the largest aviation industry?
6. How many helicopters did the US lose during the Vietnam conflict? Choose one of the following: a) 5,000 b) 4,000 c) 3,000
7. Which group of foreign soldiers taken prisoner and serving in the Tsarist Army in the FWW attempted to save the Tsar and his family during the ensuing Civil War but failed?
8. How long could a German U-boat stay submerged in the FWW? Choose one of the following: 1) 3 hours 2) 8 hours 3) 5 hours 4) 2 hours
9. During the Vietnam war, what type of weapon did the Americans nickname the ‘Blooper’?
10. How many rats are in the above diorama?